Samsung Geeks is an independent privately run website. We use a mixture of adverts, affiliate schemes, and sponsorship (collectively referred to as ‘adverts’) to contribute towards the website’s running costs. In the tabs below you will find some very clear information on why we use adverts (visitors), how you can advertise on our site (advertisers), and a clearly defined policy for how we use and display adverts (policy). If you wish to discuss our advertising, make a complaint, or make a suggestion, feel free to head on over to the contact page.
We view advertising as both a necessary evil and, in many cases, a really good way to take you straight to the products we review and discuss on this website. We aim to use monies from adverts to keep the site running and continue to improve our online community. As outlined in our advertising policy (see above tabs) we promise to use advertising sensibly, to never overtly advertise, and to ensure that the adverts we do display come from honest, reputable companies. Our primary advertising partners are Google Adsense and Amazon Affiliates.
We have recently introduced donations to Samsung Geeks. If you ever contact us asking a question or for some advice you will notice a donation request at the end of every email. You will also notice donation links around the main website. All monies received from donations go directly towards improving Samsung Geeks. It’s a great way to contribute to the resource and help us expand the community. We promise to never directly ask you for a donation. Lastly we just wanted you to know that everyone who works on Samsung Geeks is a volunteer. No monies are currently paid for articles and it is extremely rare for a reviewer to keep the item they are reviewing. If you want to learn a little more about our views on adverts you can check out the policy tab. If you want to get in touch to find out more feel free to head on over to the contact page.
We are always interested to hear from potential advertisers. Before you carry on reading please take a few moments to have a read of our policy (see policy tab). It’s really important that you understand how we work and whether we can offer what you are looking for. We will need assurances that your product / service is legal under UK law and we’ll also need assurances that you are a reputable company with an established customer complaints procedure. If you are happy so far then read on.
We can offer sponsorship of the website, sponsorship of the forum (coming soon), or sponsorship of Samsung Geeks in its entirety. We can also offer advertising space on either specific posts or the whole site. We would be interested in hearing from companies who wish to giveaway prizes through SamsungGeeks in return for the advertising / buzz that would generate.
We cannot under any circumstances offer a good review of your product / service in return for a fee. We also cannot under any circumstances offer link backs to your website or allow you to directly contact / access our community. We will not under any circumstances sell our community members’ details. Any advertising which we feel would detract from the service this resource provides will not be accepted. Additionally we reserve the right to refuse to work with companies whose reputation could adversely affect our community’s reputation. We also reserve the right to refuse to work with companies on moral grounds if we believe you to engage in unethical practices.
We hope that this gives you a very clear idea of what are able to offer. If you would like to get in touch to discuss working with us then please use the contact form on the contact page.
- Samsung Geeks’ Advertising Policy
This policy is non-exclusive and provided for reference only. The purpose is to clearly outline how we work with advertisers and how we use advertisements on our website/s. For the purposes of this policy (and the advertising page of this website) adverts or advertisements refer to sponsorship, donations, adverts, affiliate links, sponsored posts, giveaways (where provided in return for exposure), and any other interaction with companies in return for money.
Use of Advertising
1. We promise to use advertising in a way that does not detract from the main content of Samsung Geeks
2. Advertising will never be intentionally overt. In other words, we will try our best to make it very clear when an image, link or post is an advertisement
3. We will never knowingly advertise products / services from companies whose ethical, or moral groundings are questionable.
4. Our advertising is primarily provided by Google Adsense and Amazon Affiliates. Whereas we do not have full control over the adverts you are shown we will investigate, and take necessary steps, where a complaint has been made.
5. Advertising is not restricted to Samsung products / services.
6. We will always listen to complaints about advertising on our website and will aim to provide a response where-ever possible.
Selection of Partners
1. We will ensure that advertising partners provide products and/or services that are legal under UK law.
2. We will ensure that advertising partners offer returns policies or cooling off periods.
3. We will never ever sell any information on our community members to partners.
4. We reserve the right to refuse to work with companies whose ethical and moral groundings are questionable.
5. We will never ever post a positive review in return for a financial contribution or free products and/or services.
6. We will always review agreements with partners where complaints have been made by community members.
7. Adverts created by partners must not contain language which could be deemed offensive by individuals or other organisations.
8. Adverts must adhere to our ‘use of advertising’ guidelines above.